Thursday, April 15, 2010

9800 Vista Question PLEASE HELP!

Ehhhh....So I recieved a new computer as a gift from my parents today...it's a basic model..but an upgrade IMO from my older computer...anywho this computer comes with an onboard ATI X1200...that is just a lil below my ATI 9800 PRO AIW thats in my old machine...Soooo I can't really play BF2 the way that I want it...on medium with a medium resolution...its just too bumpy with the x1200...so i was wondering if i could place my 9800 pro from my old XP machine into my Vista machine...DL the vista drivers...and BAM! it'll work fine...? I bet this is wishful thinking...and things never seem to work out that well...I just want a card to hold me out until I can upgrade to a DX10 card...I searched google for this answer, but nothing really...I see a bunch of people have the 9800 in thier dell with vista, but it came fomr dell like that...? PLEASE any help is aprechiated?anywho heres my current specs to my old specs..see what you guys think of the lil upgrade..AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+ 1024 DDR2 Integrated X1200 250 Gig HDVistamy old machine (4? years old?)2.6 P49800 PRO AIW180 gig HDXPIt's a lil upgrade right? That processor seems to be a leap over my old one..thats all that matters cause I plan on upgradeing the vid card soon. 9800 Vista Question PLEASE HELP!
going to vista will casue the game to run worse. Vista lows frame rates.. u need a new video card. if u have pci express x16 try to get a 7600GT its 94 bucks, or AGP(more expensive) version.9800 Vista Question PLEASE HELP!
Video card: depends how long you can last with that x1200 beacause the G92 will be coming out in autom i think which should tower above the 8series, how about you ask for it for a christmas present RAM: always good to have 2 gigs but the video card will make more of a diffrence, when you want a performance boost and have some spare cash lieing about
[QUOTE=''markop2003'']Video card: depends how long you can last with that x1200 beacause the G92 will be coming out in autom i think which should tower above the 8series, how about you ask for it for a christmas present RAM: always good to have 2 gigs but the video card will make more of a diffrence, when you want a performance boost and have some spare cash lieing about[/QUOTE]Thatprocwouldbottleneckeven8800GTSandyouaretellinghimtoget9800GTX.Hahah.Youaresoofunny.No,really.
[QUOTE=''domke13''][QUOTE=''markop2003'']Video card: depends how long you can last with that x1200 beacause the G92 will be coming out in autom i think which should tower above the 8series, how about you ask for it for a christmas present RAM: always good to have 2 gigs but the video card will make more of a diffrence, when you want a performance boost and have some spare cash lieing about[/QUOTE]Thatprocwouldbottleneckeven8800GTSandyouaretellinghimtoget9800GTX.Hahah.Youaresoofunny.No,really.[/QUOTE]I'm not sure about it bottle necking a 8800gts, but the G92 series would encorage a large price drop on all video cards.Oh and spaces please next time it was near impossible to read.
the X2 4000 will not be that much ofa bottleneck, i suggest getting either a 7900GS or a 8600GT
Thanks everyone for the replies...alright...i posted this in the pc games forum also...and someone said that i should check if i have apg slots....cause newer computers don't come with them anymore...and sadly he is correct...So...I guess im going to have to live with the oolllllleee onboard 1200 for a lil bit...that $94 dollar card sounds like a deal...ill probably have to get that, but im going to wait a couple of weeks...why are you guys saying that my computer will bottleneck with the higher end card? because of me only having 1 gig? Or is is it because of my CPU? I figured my CPU was half decent...? Not top of the line, but a good leap above my other one...am I incorrect thinking this?
also..i checked i have two more expansion slots so i could easily had another gig...I made sure I looked at that when I opened er up...again this was a pretty cheap computer, but i was hoping the cpu was going to be decent...so someone please comment on my cpu...i plan on upgrading this machine over the course of a couple years...and maybe eventually upgrade the mobo and cpu etc...just give me a lil commentary on the cpu haha. Thanks again everyone! alright another question...can i play halo 2 with the x1200! haha...now that i have vista...
sorry for triple reply...but i found a good replacement gpu check er out...someone in another thread potsed this link..thanks to that guy!http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150229
[QUOTE=''mrtywalsh'']Thanks everyone for the replies...alright...i posted this in the pc games forum also...and someone said that i should check if i have apg slots....cause newer computers don't come with them anymore...and sadly he is correct...So...I guess im going to have to live with the oolllllleee onboard 1200 for a lil bit...that $94 dollar card sounds like a deal...ill probably have to get that, but im going to wait a couple of weeks...why are you guys saying that my computer will bottleneck with the higher end card? because of me only having 1 gig? Or is is it because of my CPU? I figured my CPU was half decent...? Not top of the line, but a good leap above my other one...am I incorrect thinking this? [/QUOTE]yes we are talking about the CPU but i think it should last you a while, but i'm not sure how long because it looks like the processor companies (at least intel) is doubling the number of cores in their processors every 1.5 years
yeah i heard about the quad core..and its just like that law...things just grow exponetionally...eh...new computer...firefox doesn't have spell check for some reason..?

No comments:

Post a Comment