Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well, here's the issue.

You see, I just bought a new laptop around 6 months ago. It works great, no problems, the only issue is playing games (of course). Now I've been hearing from a few people that it's not really possible to upgrade your laptop without bringing up the risk that it'll break, and you'll end up buying a new one.I have absolutely no knowledge of computer hardware, so my brain basically just stopped when my friend started telling me about it. So I would appreciate it if some of you guys could help me out and answer these questions. Thanks in advance!1. Is it possible to upgrade a newer laptop so I can play most of the current PC games? 2. How can I do it without spending large amounts of money, considering I'm just a high school student with no job?3. Who should I go to for further help, and who should I go to to get these upgrades done?Keep in mind that I don't know very much about computer hardware, so try to make the answers basic, please. Again, thanks in advance!Well, here's the issue.
ok in basic, if you dont know what your doing, you will break it. its very hard to find stuff compatible for your laptop, and the only real thing you can upgrade easily is ram (on most laptops).Well, here's the issue.
Laptops can't really be upgraded unless you are some kind of super moding uber g33k fest of one. Desktop PCs are different...
1.) For laptop..you can only upgrade RAM, CPU, optical drives, and monitor. Sound and video are all on the mainboard, so you can't upgrade that individually..you'll have to buy a better mobo (one that fit your laptop case) or buy a whole new laptop.



2.) Laptop parts can be pretty expensive...maybe get more RAM or a better CPU, that your motherboard supports, from a friend or so.



3.) You could let your laptop's manufacture upgrade it for you...or you can buy parts (www.laptopparts.com) and install them yourself..piece of cake.
Well, I don't really have a lot of money anyway, so even if I HAD a desktop PC, I'd have to spend money on upgrades there. I guess I'll just wait 4 years or until this laptop dies down, and then I'll get into PC gaming.
Im sure you can upgrade video cards, if you have got the right expansion slots anyway..

No comments:

Post a Comment