Thursday, April 15, 2010

Overclocking a P4 3.0Ghz HT. (Pity the noob)

How would I do it? I've never really overclocked anything before. Is there just a program I use to set the clock speed? Also, I'm using an Asus P5GD1 mobo, a 350w PSU, and an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 CPU heatsink/fan. So how would I overclock the CPU, and what speed would be safe?Overclocking a P4 3.0Ghz HT. (Pity the noob)
Well, not to be an ass or rude, You might want to start searching for forums dedicated to overclocking. It seems as though you might need to gain a better understnading of what is really involved in overclocking before you being playing around with any overclocking utilities or messing around in your Bios.One site I usually hang around is DIY-Street.com, formerlly DFI-Street...Overclocking a P4 3.0Ghz HT. (Pity the noob)
from what my friend has told me about the temps of his P4 HT i'ld say no, but he's on stock cooling so post your personal temps plz
First go to BIOS and hardware monitor or something like that. And tells your CPU temperature. It should be in Celsius.
[QUOTE=''markop2003'']from what my friend has told me about the temps of his P4 HT i'ld say no, but he's on stock cooling so post your personal temps plz[/QUOTE]



Your friend has a Prescott core. If this is a Northwoods core, he won't have any problems. Not that I suppose you know that, Sandro?
[QUOTE=''theragu40''][QUOTE=''markop2003'']from what my friend has told me about the temps of his P4 HT i'ld say no, but he's on stock cooling so post your personal temps plz[/QUOTE] Your friend has a Prescott core. If this is a Northwoods core, he won't have any problems. Not that I suppose you know that, Sandro?[/QUOTE]\My prescott oced from 2.8 to 3.8 on stock cooling
[QUOTE=''musclesforcier''][QUOTE=''theragu40''][QUOTE=''markop2003'']from what my friend has told me about the temps of his P4 HT i'ld say no, but he's on stock cooling so post your personal temps plz[/QUOTE] Your friend has a Prescott core. If this is a Northwoods core, he won't have any problems. Not that I suppose you know that, Sandro?[/QUOTE]\My prescott oced from 2.8 to 3.8 on stock cooling[/QUOTE]well ithink my friend's has some sort of problem in the cooling because any CPU that gets in to the 90s under load is'nt good
I OCed my CPU to 3.6Ghz %26 temps were 41 C @ Idle. Normaly 3.06GHz is also 41 c @ Idle. Oh yeah I'm using a custom Cooler (Asus 1500 - 4500 RPM);)

No comments:

Post a Comment