Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DVD Burner Drive

I'm having a problem with my DVD + R/-R R/RW Drive. When i put in a DVD + R disc to burn data to it, my Drive sees it as a CD with 0 of 0 bytes . In other words and full CD. Now i took out the Disc and my comp sees the Drive name DVD-RAM but it is specified as a CD Drive. How is this possible? It will play my DVDs and CDs, and burn CDs. And iknow it can burn DVDs cause i used it do burn DVDs in another computer. Is it possible i hooked something up? Or that my motherboard isn't seeing it correctly. DVD Burner Drive
Windows is probably just using the default drivers for the drive. Look up the drivers at the drive's manufacturer's site and I would think that should fix the problem. Also, have you experienced this using multiple disks? Because sometimes you just get a bad disk.DVD Burner Drive
i would hope not all 25 DVD R's i got were bad. Also, i don't know if LG provides drivers.
A little searching goes a long way. It took less than 30 seconds to find this after googling LG's site.

[url]http://us.lge.com/support/download/search.jhtml[/url]



If drivers don't work, perhaps you have the jumper settings set incorrectly on the back of the drive.
I have the jumper set to master, i just updated the firmware (twice), and there is no difference. (There is only one disc drive in my computer)
Hmm. Well, you could try setting it to cable select instead. Also, the drive should be on your secondary IDE channel, if applicable. If you have SATA hard drives, then don't worry about that. Are you able to take the drive out and try it in a different computer? I know it worked before, but perhaps it was damaged in transport?
my Hard-Drive is SATA. Umm would repairing my windows install help at all (starting to wonder if somethings wrong with windows)
Definitely worth a shot.
now all i have to do is figure out how i did it last time
Stick the windows disk in, and then I think an autorun will come up. From there you should be able to get to the repair install stuff. But honestly I'm not sure...I haven't done that in quite a while.
well i repaired the comp, only now for some reason Mcafee won't come up (it says its running the background though, so i still have it protecting my pc).
McAfee sucks anyway. Go with a free option, they're better.
  • black lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment