Thursday, April 15, 2010

what is the best laptop for me?

OK I'm headed off to college in the fall and I am majoring in computer science. I was just wondering if you guys could help me make the right decision on what the best laptop (PC or Mac)would be to help me with programming and such. I might use it for gaming, but that's not on the top of my list right now as I have a 360 for all of that. So any help would be greatly appreciated.what is the best laptop for me?
Get any duel core cpu 2gb DDR2 (or DDR...) and at least a 7600GO or X1600(GO? idk what ATi uses) that should handle light gaming.what is the best laptop for me?
Anyone else? I forgot to mention that I don't care how much I spend, as long as it's within reason. I would be willing to go up to 2 grand.
I'd suggest the Asus F3JP.[url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220142[/url]Cheap 1GB stick of RAM you can add.[url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231069[/url]
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26oc=DYCWKS1%26s=dhs



That has a 7900 and is 300 over your budget but it will rock
I'm very fond of the HP DV9500T - it's one of the only laptops I've seen on the market that uses the new 800MHz FSB Core 2 Duo processors. Set it up with the T7300, 2GB of RAM, the WSXGA screen option, 2x100GB 7200RPM hard drives (I'd say only one, but their only option for 7200RPM drives is that setup), the high-capacity battery, and the 8600M card. That setup will cost around $1800 with the upgrades I mentioned, a little more if you spring for the built-in webcam, bluetooth wireless, office software, damage plan, system restore disk (I recommend you get that), etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment