Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ram question..

How long until 3gb of ram becomes ordinary/needed? I currently have 1gb of OCZ Platinum 800mhz (2x512) and there i have 2 more ram slots on my motherboard... I was looking and i found the same type of ram i have (another 2x512) going for $60CND and also found OCZ Gold 2x1024mb for $120 with a $20 mailin rebate.. I know most of you would suggestion 3gb, but how long will 2gb of ram be suffcient? I have a relatively good gaming pc (Pentium D @ 4ghz which i'm upgrading to C2D or Quad core when price drop on july 22, 7950GT OC gpu) and i do use it to play oblivion, stalker, CoH and future games.. Would you suggest that I continue playing with the 1gb and save up a little more til i can get the 2x1024 or should i just bite in forthe 2x512?Ram question..
I have 3gigs and its way more then I'll ever need. The only time I realy need it is when I'm multi-tasking to hell on my PC or benchmarking. 2gigs is a good standerd for a gaming PC. Expecaly if your going to get vista or game on vista. Vista sucks system requirments into the hole. I'd get the OCZ ram thats one I trust the most. Hope this helps.Ram question..
So wait, do you suggest an extra OCZ 1gb (2x512) or an extra OCZ 2gb (2x1024) ?
Its best to have all the same types of ram so you don't mess with speeds and voltage issues. I say you get the OCZ 2gb. Crossing ram may get you slower benchmarking and preformance.
Haha sorry, I think you might have misunderstood me. Right now i have OCZ Platinum 800mhz 1gb (2x512). I am looking another OCZ Platinum 800mhz 1gb(2x512) or OCZ Gold 800mhz 2b(2x1024). This will fill all of my ram slots so i am wondering how long 2gb will be sufficent for regular computing and gaming.
Aaaa.. Got ya! I would still go for the gig sticks. It depends realy. Umm... 2gb is plenty. but I would jump for the extra gig for the price. Expecaly with that quad-core. You will have a POWER HOUSE!
Haha yea, thanks. Im not sure if i'm going to go Quad, prolly a higher end Core 2 Duo as the core 2 duos aren't even being used to their full potential yet, but i shall see. Thanks for your thoughts tho :)
No Problemo! O, one more thing you will need more RAM for overclocking if you choose to go that path :D
After monitoring many games that requires lots of ram like UT2k4 online, Oblivion, and C%26C3 in a 8 players map, and all games at highest details, the RAM usage has never gone past 1.45GB
Full specs in case someone asks: Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz, Geforce 8800 GTX and 2GB RAM at 667Mhz
And dont tell me my processor is the bottleneck, everything runs at max and im waiting for the Intel processors to drop price soon ^^Im using XP btw, but I would say 2GB are the best at the moment, but after more and more games come out, the usage will be getting closer to the 2GB line
So would you recommend me get the 2x512 and have 2gb of ram? Any approx. length inwhich 2gb will become insufficient?
Better get a 1 x 1GB card so when the games start using more than 2GB, you will have 1 more slot to upgrade to 3GB or 2.5GBBut yeah, if you want to max out every game that exists right now, you should upgrade to 2GB
1.5GB will do fine on XP though, but we are already at the 1.5GB line so better get 2GB

About when the games will cross the 2GB line... I have no idea, but perhaps when Windows release their next OS in a couple of years, probably yeah... we will need 3GB ^^
Well if it is going to be in a couple of years, I might want to go for the 2x512 1gb of ram.. How long did it take the 1gb line to increase to the 2gb line? Hehe any idea? Also, if need be, in a year or two, I can always keep the retail box of the ram, and sell it on ebay for about 50% of what i bought it for so it wont be that big of a loss.
Thats true. It all depends on what you say I think for you so far its what ever is cheaper...
  • wrinkle cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment