Friday, April 9, 2010

Anti Aliasing?

How come I cant tell the diff between 4x and 8x? They are the same yet 8x makes game slower. Is it just my horrid vision or is that normal?Anti Aliasing?
It seems, to me at least, that hi-res reaches a point where the human eye can't tell unless examining scrutinizingly, and performance hits become apparent.  I mean, if you put up 720p and 1080p up next to each other, I usually can't tell much of a difference.  But I'm still a newb when it comes to PC gaming.Anti Aliasing?
my graphic card only goes up to 4x,so i wouldnt know.but 4x is preety clean looking to me tho.have any picss of 4x and 8x
nvm.i do notice that 8x is just slighter better.but i cant tell the difference between 8 and 16 for that matter
I can do 16x but I cant tell between 4x and 8x! I have a 1440x900 res moniter does that help?
I can tell the difference all the way up to 12x, but can't tell the difference between 12x and 16x.
[QUOTE=''LordEC911'']I can tell the difference all the way up to 12x, but can't tell the difference between 12x and 16x.[/QUOTE]



Wel im not very picky I will play a game on all low if its fun but I dont really have to too any more ^_^
during the middle of a game i can't even tell the difference if AA is turned on, I don't really pay much attention on whether some pipe looks jagged on the edge.but when i pause the games i can only tell the different between no AA and 2x or 4x, anything higher looks identical to me.
[QUOTE=''nohnaimer'']during the middle of a game i can't even tell the difference if AA is turned on, I don't really pay much attention on whether some pipe looks jagged on the edge.but when i pause the games i can only tell the different between no AA and 2x or 4x, anything higher looks identical to me.[/QUOTE]Probably because your card can't go any high... Most ATI cards can only go to 6x and most Nvidia cards can only go to 8x.
In CSS I can get up to 16x
[QUOTE=''SoberWarock'']In CSS I can get up to 16x[/QUOTE]Notice I said most cards...
The new DX10 cards have a lot more AA modes due to more raw power.

No comments:

Post a Comment