Sunday, April 11, 2010

Which RAM should I get?

I'm choosing between these two DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Crucial RAM Modules. I don't want anything faster than ddr2-800 so don't recommend the 1066 speeds to me. I'm having trouble deciding between the regular yellow version and the black ballistix tracer one with the LEDs. i would pick the tracer, but i don't know if it uses the same micron-D9 chips that the yellow one does. i kno the yellow one uses good D9s, but i havent heard bout the tracers using the same chips. can anyone confirm that the ddr2-800 ballistix tracers use micron-D9 chips? here are the links:Regular Ballistix Yellow One: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146565Ballistix Tracers: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148076some1 plz help me find out if the tracers are micron d9s or not. thanks.Which RAM should I get?
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]Which RAM should I get?
bump
buuuump, why isnt this post movin up?
Get the tracer if you want, I got 2 sets, they are sweet.They are Micron D9's. According to Cucial the Ballistix and the Tracers are the same other than the LED's.
[QUOTE=''ch5richards'']Get the tracer if you want, I got 2 sets, they are sweet.They are Micron D9's. According to Cucial the Ballistix and the Tracers are the same other than the LED's.[/QUOTE]CRUCIAL BALLISTIX BL2KIT12864AA663 2GB KIT (1GB x 2) - $74They use Micron D9 chips and should overclock as much as the other Ballistix you posted, which is between the 1000-1100mhz range.
[QUOTE=''ch5richards'']Get the tracer if you want, I got 2 sets, they are sweet.They are Micron D9's. According to Cucial the Ballistix and the Tracers are the same other than the LED's.[/QUOTE]do u have the ddr2-800 tracers or the 1066/1000 tracers? cuz they are diff
[QUOTE=''SLI_Yoshi''][QUOTE=''ch5richards'']Get the tracer if you want, I got 2 sets, they are sweet.They are Micron D9's. According to Cucial the Ballistix and the Tracers are the same other than the LED's.[/QUOTE]do u have the ddr2-800 tracers or the 1066/1000 tracers? cuz they are diff[/QUOTE]I have a set of 1000 and a set of 1066, but the 800's are D9's also, so are the 667's.Micron owns/is Crucial, so you are guaranteed top pick of D9's for all of Crucial performance ram.
  • pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment