Friday, April 9, 2010

SLi Questions

I've got a bunch of new PC parts coming off the net, including two 768mb 8800 GTX's. I had a few questions however as to how to get them running in SLi. Is it as simple as putting both of them on the motherboard, or is there more to it? Also, do I need to install separate drivers for each card, or will one set of drivers' detect the dual-card setup? With the two setup on the motherboard (if it is as simple as just having the two cards on the mobo), will games automatically recognise the SLi setup, or will it be something I have to 'tell' the computer everytime I play a new game? Is there any way I can test or find out to see if (once the system is built) that the cards are running in SLi, not as two separate cards running independantly of each? If anyone could help me with these questions, that would be greatSLi Questions
Here is a step by step guide: [url=http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_howtobuild_1.html]http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_howtobuild_1.html[/url] Its not simply just placing both video cards in the motherboard but it isn't too much harder. One set of drivers will do. SLi Questions
Ya its a sitch! Make sure the Drivers are good and the Bridge for the cards works
I've had a look at that link, and it says the need to be connected via an SLi Connector. Does this connector come with the cards, or is it something I have to buy separately?
I don't think it comes with the cards, I believe you have to buy it separately, but it wont cost you more than $10, if that even.
[QUOTE=''HIMSteveO'']I've had a look at that link, and it says the need to be connected via an SLi Connector. Does this connector come with the cards, or is it something I have to buy separately?[/QUOTE]Some cards come with it. But most Mainboards have it! due to the fact the the langth verys on motherboard. Make sure the one your buying has one to save you for looking for one that fits
yeah if you got a true sli board then it most likely will come with a sli bridge.
You'll need an SLi ready motherboard, preferrably an nForce based motherboard for the included SLI bridge and driver compatability.
The NVidia SLI connector comes with the Motherboard. The connector is motherboard specific. If you dont have one check with the computer manufaturer or motherboard manufacturer to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment